Sitting here at the desk with nothing to do. Could be studying, but I think I have already checked out of this semester a long time ago. Sad I know, but its true. Honestly I think this is the first semester that I did what I wanted to do. Beforehand I was in nursing school...somewhere I thought I* wanted to be. But now I think that is what people wanted for me. It wasn't totally in my heart 100%. Then whatever I had in my heart to be a nurse, the nursing school I went to stomped that out of me. When I left in December, I didn't want to see a thermometer. I was heartbroken and I felt defeated....so where do I go from there?
So now I am in the nutrition program at my school. I know that I need to get a degree and hey its better than nothing. Plus I am always looking at the label on different stuff for nutrition facts. I kinda like it. Only thing is I have to be on my grind for these next 3 semesters.....Ugh. I hate that I will be in school longer, but I got to do what I have to do. Plus if I was going back to nursing school, I would be finishing in about the same length of time. I hate that nursing still hangs over my head. My plan now is to graduate and move to Texas. More specifically Houston. I want to work for Women, Infants, and Children. It has always been my dream to work with teen/young moms. My mom was young and my best friend was a teen mom so I kinda know what they are going through. I think I can make a difference in their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment